Careers at Sphere Fluidics
Work With Us
Here at Sphere Fluidics, our aim is to combine expertise and exciting technology to help our customers reach their goals faster and more cost-effectively. None of this would be possible without our team – it’s their knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm that makes us who we are.
We recognise this, and in return, offer a supportive environment that encourages employees to learn and develop. Since we are a forward-thinking company operating in a rapidly-growing industry, we help individual staff members develop and progress in their careers. We offer our employees exciting projects, excellent training, and an attractive compensation package including employee share options, a Workplace Pension Scheme, life insurance and performance-related annual salary increases.
We strongly believe that collaboration drives innovation, and as such, our goal is to build teams of people with a shared passion for integrating cell biology, microfluidics and leading-edge engineering into innovative solutions.
If you think this sounds like you, then please see below for current job opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities at Sphere Fluidics
Job Title: Scientist – Chemistry
Job Type: Permanent and full-time
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 /year
Closing date for applications: 9/02/18
If interested, please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com and include the term “Scientist – Chemistry” in the title.
Sphere Fluidics Limited is a rapidly growing Life Sciences company based in Cambridge, UK. The company is developing innovative engineering solutions and chemistries for use in novel microfluidic-based instruments for single cell characterization and selection. The R&D team is now looking to recruit a Scientist into our Chemistry Group. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team on a range of exciting and leading-edge projects with external global companies.
Key duties include:
- Contribution to nominated research projects
- Production of the company’s key specialist chemical products;
- Production of the company’s key microfluidic biochip products;
- Maintaining stable supply chain of critical materials for production;
- Maintaining appropriate stock of the company’s chemical products;
- Shipping the company’s products to customers;
- Complying with the company’s set safety standards and policies
- Developing new chemicals and novel microfluidic biochips;
- Plan and perform other experiments aligned with Company needs;
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc or PhD in organic chemistry, and proven working experience in a chemistry laboratory;
- Practical experience and knowledge of a wide range of synthetic chemistry reactions and techniques;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is highly desirable;
- Experience in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale labs and pilot processes is favourable;
- Soft-lithography fabrication and microfluidic development experience is highly favourable;
- Experience in working closely with customers is of added value in this position;
- Mass Spectrometry experience is an advantage;