Careers at Sphere Fluidics
Work With Us
Here at Sphere Fluidics, our aim is to combine expertise and exciting technology to help our customers reach their goals faster and more cost-effectively. None of this would be possible without our team – it’s their knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm that makes us who we are.
We recognise this, and in return, offer a supportive environment that encourages employees to learn and develop. Since we are a forward-thinking company operating in a rapidly-growing industry, we help individual staff members develop and progress in their careers. We offer our employees exciting projects, excellent training, and an attractive compensation package including employee share options, a Workplace Pension Scheme, life insurance and performance-related annual salary increases.
We strongly believe that collaboration drives innovation, and as such, our goal is to build teams of people with a shared passion for integrating cell biology, microfluidics and leading-edge engineering into innovative solutions.
If you think this sounds like you, then please see below for current job opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities at Sphere Fluidics
Job Title: Scientist – Chemistry
Location of job: Cambridge
Company: Sphere Fluidics
Salary range: £24,000-£32,000 per annum.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
The closing date for applications for this position is 10th June 2018.
Sphere Fluidics Limited is a rapidly growing Life Sciences company based in Cambridge, UK. The company is developing innovative engineering solutions and chemistries for use in novel microfluidic-based instruments for single cell characterization and selection. The R&D team is now looking to recruit a Scientist into our Chemistry Group. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team on a range of exciting and leading-edge projects with external global companies.
Key duties include:
- Contribution to nominated research projects;
- Developing new chemicals and novel microfluidic biochips;
- Generation and/or input to new publications and patents;
- Interaction with existing collaborators on approved R&D projects;
- Plan and perform other experiments aligned with Company needs;
- Production of the company’s key specialist chemical products;
- Production of the company’s key microfluidic biochip products;
- Conducting QA/QC to assure the company products meet and/or exceed the set quality standards;
- Maintaining stable supply chain of critical materials for production;
- Maintaining appropriate stock of the company’s chemical products;
- Maintaining production tracking records and documentation to meet ISO 9001 requirements;
- Shipping the company’s products to customers;
- Complying with the company’s set safety standards and policies
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc or PhD in organic chemistry, and proven working experience in a chemistry laboratory;
- Practical experience and knowledge of a wide range of synthetic chemistry reactions and techniques;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Past experience in chemical production and quality management is highly desirable;
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is highly desirable;
- Experience in the development and scaling-up of chemical processes;
- Soft-lithography fabrication and microfluidic development experience is highly favourable;
- Experience in working closely with customers is of added value in this position;
- Mass Spectrometry experience is an advantage.
If interested, please e-mail your CV Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com and include the term “Scientist – Chemistry” in the title.