Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which is developing novel Single Cell Analysis Systems for Therapeutic Discovery. Due to company growth, we are now looking for several new hires.
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including: competitive salary; employee share options; life insurance and a Stakeholder Pension Scheme. Bonuses mnay also be awarded. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development. The position will be based in or around Cambridge UK.
The closing date for application for this position is June 30th 2015.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Commercial Manager, with previous industrial Life Sciences / Cell Biology experience, to join us and help drive the commercialisation of Sphere Fluidics' products and activities. You will be a key individual in the Commercial Function, ensuring that the Company achieves its Commercial objectives. You will be involved in tactical and strategic marketing activities, work closely with our current and future R&D Collaboration clients as well as travelling internationally to participate in Networking, Exhibiting and Business Development events. You will also liaise with Sphere Fluidics' R&D groups to help generate new Product ideas, pricing and develop customer-facing, product literature. The position is broad and enthusiasm and flexibility is a must.
The candidate will have a BSc in a Life Sciences subject and preferably a PhD (or an equivalent technical background). They should have demonstrated commercial skills including sales, marketing and/or business development. The candidate will have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and commercially driven to ensure that the Company's commercial goals are achieved in a timely manner.
Salary range: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
If interested, please send your CV to Rob.Marchmont@spherefluidics.com and include the title "Commercial Manager" in the cover e-mail or letter.
Microbiology/Cell Biology Technician
The closing date for application for this position is 15th June 2015.
We currently have a superb opportunity for a Cell Biology/ Microbiology Technician to join our growing R&D team and to assist in the development of cutting-edge instrumentation.
Candidates will have a minimum of a BSc or equivalent degree in a relevant life science (e.g. Cell Biology, Microbiology), or have significant relevant laboratory experience. Experience in biopharmaceutical, or biotechnology industry is required – this can include a ‘Year in Industry’ or sandwich year placement. Experience in mammalian cell culture is essential.
Experience in microbial cell culture, and PCR is highly desirable. An understanding of microfluidics will be advantageous, but not essential as relevant training will be given. Candidates with an interest in cutting-edge technologies and who are eager to work in a multidisciplinary environment are encouraged to apply.
Salary range: £23,000-£26,000 per annum.
For this role requirements are:
- A degree a relevant Life Science.
- Relevant work experience in industry.
- Experience of in working in a biology laboratory and mammalian cell culture.
- Good knowledge of GLP.
- Understanding of QC.
- Excellent verbal, documentation and communications skills.
- Good attention to detail and able to work on several different projects at one time.
- A positive, energetic, honest and self-motivated character.
- Experience of working in a microbiology laboratory and/or microbial cell culture.
- Considerable experience in molecular biology techniques, particularly PCR and DNA extraction.
- Experience with cell viability assays and knowledge of flow cytometry.
For this role you will get full support and training and your duties will include:
- Working independently in a GLP environment.
- Preparingbiosamples for assay and analysis.
- Conducting mammalian cell and microbiology experiments.
- Carrying out microfluidic biochip testing according to SOPs for a range of Microbiology and Cell Biology applications.
- Participate in the production of microfluidic biochips.
- Maintain, compile and record samples, materials and experiments in an organized manner.
- Contribute to generation of concise reports and SOPs.
- Ensure that testing is completed in a timely manner.
- Participate and contribute to meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills. If interested, please e-mail your CV to Karine.Enesa@spherefluidics.com.